FAMILY DENTAL CENTRE REMAINS OPEN
NATIONAL LOCKDOWN ANNOUNCEMENT 31/10/2020
Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced a second national lockdown due to the rising number of cases of Covid-19.
Family Dental Centre will still remain open. There are no restrictions with regards to medical treatment and you are actively encouraged to keep your appointments. At Family Dental Centre we have all the necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and will continue to follow our high standards in cross infection control.
Please continue to attend your appointments. We have excellent infection control procedures along with a robust triaging policy to ensure the safety of both patients and staff.
We continue to recommend that patients in the high-risk category delay non-essential treatment until further guidance has been given by the relevant authorities.
We have sourced PPE and unlike the start of the Pandemic (March 2020 in the UK), there is no shortage.
Please do not be concerned as we continue to maintain high standards of cross infection control.
We want to make your visit to us as stress-free as possible whilst following strict Government guidelines.
Importantly, as we hope you understand, patients who currently have or are recovering from the virus or are showing symptoms will unfortunately not be able to attend appointments. Please visit the NHS website for guidance if you think you have any symptoms.
As part of our new working practice we now offer telephone triaging appointments for patients. This is a great way for us to do an initial assessment without having to see you in person.
To maintain a sterile environment, the practice will now be clutter-free. We have removed all magazines/leaflets for example, however we are still the same friendly team behind the PPE! Our standard of care is the same as it has always been, and your comfort and safety is paramount.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment.
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed.
- We no longer offer magazines, childrens’ toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at anyone time.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone.
- A distance of at least 2 metres mush be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice.
- Payment should be made by card where possible ideally via a contactless method.
- Staff will not shake your hand.
- Patients will be invited to use alcohol hand gel or wash their hands on arrival.
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone.
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice.
- Please bring your own pen that can be used to sign any forms.
- Please do not arrive without an appointment.
- Patients should come wearing a mask if possible or be prepared to wear one.
Otherwise, from this point on your appointment will be much the same as usual, treatment areas are disinfected between each patient and every precaution has been taken so that your safety or that of our staff is not compromised.
Stay safe and please contact us if you have any queries or concerns. We look forward to seeing you all soon.
Family Dental Centre