IMPORTANT PATIENT NOTICE: WE ARE OPEN!
Our local alert level: High (Tier 2)
As the Government has placed Birmingham into the Tier 2 alert level, it means Family Dental Centre is open and seeing patients while observing a number of important new safety protocols and procedures.
Please be advised for the time being, we will be initially triaging patients and prioritising those who have dental emergencies.
Our commitment to our patient’s health and safety has always been a priority, following the arrival of COVID-19, this is even more vital. Consequently, as with many aspects of our day to day lives post the Corona / COVID-19 lock-down, visiting the dentist will be a little different.
We want to make your visit to us as stress-free as possible whilst following strict Government guidelines.
Importantly, as we hope you understand, patients who currently have or are recovering from the virus or are showing symptoms will unfortunately not be able to attend appointments. Please visit the NHS website for guidance if you think you have any symptoms.
As part of our new working practice we now offer telephone triaging appointments for patients. This is a great way for us to do an initial assessment without having to see you in person.
To maintain a sterile environment, the practice will now be clutter-free. We have removed all magazines/leaflets for example, however we are still the same friendly team behind the PPE! Our standard of care is the same as it has always been, and your comfort and safety is paramount.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment.
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed.
- We no longer offer magazines, childrens’ toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at anyone time.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone.
- A distance of at least 2 metres mush be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice.
- Payment should be made by card where possible ideally via a contactless method.
- Staff will not shake your hand.
- Patients will be invited to use alcohol hand gel or wash their hands on arrival.
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone.
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice.
- Please bring your own pen that can be used to sign any forms.
- Please do not arrive without an appointment.
- Patients should come wearing a mask if possible or be prepared to wear one.
Otherwise, from this point on your appointment will be much the same as usual, treatment areas are disinfected between each patient and every precaution has been taken so that your safety or that of our staff is not compromised.
We look forward to seeing you all soon. Stay safe, and well.
Family Dental Centre